PC-Cop is a centralized software system for the allocation and enforcement of time and use limits for public access computers. PC-Cop stands out in the industry for its versatility, robustness, and customizability with several unique featrues including extensive scalability.
- PC-Cop controls how much time an end-user may use a machine per day and per session.
- Non-Intrusive display of time remaining in patron session.
- Two administrator defined, customizable warnings advise user of pending end of session.
- Once user’s time expires, computer ends session and resets computer to begining point.
- Extensions automatically offered when availablity criteria is met. Guest sessions available for library users without ID.
- Display and acceptance of internet use policy agreement available.
- Staff over-ride password allows staff members to access public computers with out signing-up for a reservation.
- Group computers in logical sets/queues to independently control settings. (ie. session limits, warning messages/times, accessibility, client backgrouds, etc.)
- Self-Service interface allows end users/patrons to reserve PC’s wtihout staff intervention.
- Supports dynamic real-time interchange of customer data with the libraries current user management system. (Sip,LDAP, etc.)
- Automatic logoff at library close.
- Supports database record purge for privacy requirements.
- Web administrative access available.
- Reporting provided by customizable web based product.
- Compatible with Citrix, Windows terminal services, and NComputing destop replicators.
- Distributed database feature allows large library systems with geographically diverse locations to ensure maxinum up-time.